It’s still not too late to vote for your favorite jingle in the Sixth Annual Do The Jingle contest! Voting for SafeAuto’s well known competition officially began on January 13 this year, but fans can vote for their favorite submissions until the stroke of midnight on February 28th.
(Do The Jingle is a crowdsourced contest that asks contestants to create their own jingles with an auto insurance theme.)
The competition is a major draw for aspiring musicians who can create a catchy rendition of the SafeAuto jingle. Anyone can go to the DoTheJingle.com and vote for their favorites. There are plenty of great and not-so-great jingles from all the year’s submissions to check out on the site.
Do The Jingle Grand Prize
As you might guess, the submission with the most votes by the end of February wins the contest (so it’s worth getting your submission in ASAP). The grand prize is $5,000 cash and an opportunity to have a jingle featured in a big advertising campaign.
There have already been nearly 150 submissions from fledgling musicians all across the United States. SafeAuto has made it easy for participants to submit their jingles online. However, plenty of jingles were performed live in front of a SafeAuto’s video team. They have recorded renditions in:
- Norfolk, VA
- Kansas City, MO
- Cincinnati, OH
- Nashville, TN
- Lexington, KY
- Columbus, OH
We all know that there can be only one talented contestant who’ll win the $5,000 grand prize and star in the next SafeAuto commercial. Still, this auto insurance company would like to reward the jingles that broke the top 16. Prizes for these contestants include:
- $2,500 second-place prize
- SafeAuto merchandise
- iTunes giftcards
“Our jingle has always been a huge part of who SafeAuto is,” explained Charlie Kordes, SafeAuto’s vice president of Customer Experience & Demand. “Giving our fans the opportunity to have fun with it and help us drive the future of SafeAuto is what this contest is all about.”
SafeAuto’s Submission Guidelines
For future reference, here are some of the company’s submission guidelines:
- Limited to 1 submission per person/group.
- Each submission must be uploaded to the SafeAuto site.
- Jingles will be available live on YouTube after they have been submitted to DoTheJingle.com where they can be freely embedded on other sites and social networks.
- Eligible videos must be a unique interpretation of the SafeAuto jingle – they should include or reference just a portion of the original jingle’s melody and lyrics.
- Any and all contestants’ submissions are eligible to win the grand prize.
- Contest is open to groups with no limit on the number of performers in each group, but one prize will be awarded to each group.
- Previous Grand Prize winners are no longer eligible for future contests.
- SafeAuto has the right to deny or remove any jingle that it deems offensive.
The Fifth Annual Do The Jingle contest garnered more than 3.3 million votes— a new record for the event. Ayanna Lewis from Hamilton, Ohio, earned nearly 400,000 votes to win the grand prize and was featured in SafeAuto’s commercial that year. This annual contest has helped to cultivate quite a following for the brand on social media.
The winner of the Sixth Annual Do The Jingle contest will be announced in March after all the votes have been officially tallied.